Pentapest Prevention Tips
Many people don't think about pests or pest control until they realised they had no other option but to engaged a professional pest control company. Pest infestations are annoying. Not only are they a nuisance, but when pests enter home or workplace and can adversely affect your health, property and cause damages. This may lead you to wonder, "How can I protect my home or business from pest infestation?" Below are some handy pest prevention tips from Pentapest on how you can protect your home and businesses from pest invasions.
All pest animals and insects have three things in common; they must have food, water and harborage. If you can take away one or more of these, you can “stress” the pest and force it to move away. Sometimes due to the natural environment this is not possible but you can still do things to discourage pest activities. Familiarize yourself with the more obvious signs of pests and do the following:
- Store food in sealed plastic or glass containers. Clean up drop food with soap and water. Don't leave pet food and water out overnight. Remove garbage regularly from your home or workplace. Garbage containing food scraps should be placed in tightly covered trash can.
- Remove sources of food, water and shelter. Fix leaky plumbing and don't let water accumulate anywhere in your home or workplace. Don't let water collect in trays under your flower pots or any discarded receptacle items.
- Clutter provides places for pests to breed, hide and makes it hard to get rid of them. Dispose things like stacks of unwanted items such as newspapers, magazines or cardboards in your store rooms and provide at least one feet space from the skirting of walls.
- Close off places where pests can enter and hide. For example, seal-up cracks and crevices around cabinets or baseboard. Use steel wool to fill-up spaces around pipe or electric cables, cover up any holes with wire mesh or permanently with cement.
- Check for pests in packages, boxes or luggage before carrying them into your home especially when travelling back from oversea. You may also consider to treat the suspected items for prevention with any DIY insecticide spray which can be purchase from the local stores.
- If you have pets, keep them clean too. Less opportunity for pests to get a free ride into your home or workplace. If you suspect that your pets might be infested with any unwanted pests, send your pets to the local vet clinics for further examination.
Good Housekeeping Starts With You!
Learning and adhering to these simple tasks should save you from irritating infestations in your home or workplace. You too can play a part in helping to protect your family and colleagues from any unwanted pests. So share these tips with your family, staffs and friends to eliminate the pest problem for good!
If your pest issue is beyond the point of prevention, do not hesitate to contact Pentapest Pte Ltd or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our experienced team of specialists is highly trained with over 20 years combined of field expertise and always ready to help with your pest problems – no matter the scale!